AAI Jobs: Quality Manager
Airport Authority of India (AAI ) releases the advertisement for Hiring of Consultant (Quality Manager and Operations Manager)
Applications are invited by Executive Director, Flight Inspection Unit for hiring of
consultant (Quality Manager) (QM)
Quality Manager (QM)
Duties and Responsibilities of Quality Manager in aircraft operation and Maintenance.
“The function of the quality manager is to monitor compliance with, and the adequacy of,
procedures required to ensure safe operational practices and airworthy airplanes.
The primary role of the quality manager is to verify, by monitoring activity in the fields of
flight operations, maintenance, crew training and ground operations, that the standards
required by the Authority, and any additional requirements defined by the operator, are
being carried out under the supervision of the relevant Nominated Post holder.
1. Responsible for establishing, documenting, developing and managing the Quality
System and for ensuring that it continues to comply with regulatory requirements
and to meet the needs of the operations.
2. Ensure that all quality related policies and procedures detailed in the Operations,
Quality and AAI Exposition manuals are adhered to and carry out an ongoing review
of the adequacy and effectiveness of Quality System procedures.
3. Maintain and keep current all Quality Audit and inspection records for review at any
time by the competent authority and other external bodies as appropriate.
4. Liaise with the Regulatory Authorities as may be appropriate on matters related to
the Quality System.
5. Establish procedures for dealing with non-conformities, monitoring non conformity
reports and taking corrective/preventive action in response to audit findings.
6. Notify the Accountable Manager and senior management when Management Review
meetings are scheduled and present internal audit reports.
7. Review the Quality Systems of new subcontractors who impact the operation and
organize audits of their quality assurance systems.
8. Monitor compliance with and adequacy of procedures to ensure airworthy aircraft at
all times via an audit program and that all maintenance is performed in accordance
with Approved data.
9. Monitor all contracted maintenance for compliance with contract conditions relevant
to airworthiness and that contracted organizations have the relevant Part 145
Approvals and facilities.
10. Monitor the aircraft weighing program for compliance with Part M – M.A.708 (b) 10.
11. Monitor all certificate renewals, including renewal test flights, relevant to the
certification and operation of each AAI aircraft.
12. Control of the use and application of the AAI Minimum Equipment List insofar as it
13. Grant authorization to individuals to certify the Certificate of Release to Service and
special authorizations to issue Certificate of Maintenance Review and renewal
recommendations for Certificates of Airworthiness.
14. Grant authorizations to individuals to issue CA Form 1 for work carried out under the
CAR 145 Approval.
15. Coordinate reports of un-airworthy conditions.
16. Ensure the organization holds all appropriate technical publications, specifications
and drawings and that they are amended as required.
17. Establish a Materials Management Inspection section by the granting of Stores
Inspection authority to suitable individuals.
18. Conduct all Airworthiness Technical Review meetings.
19. Coordinate all aspects of the AAI Exposition / Quality Manual and the negotiation
with the DGCA/ or of any other authority / OEM of aircraft of any changes required
to the documents, or to the Terms of Approval granted by the Authority to AAI.
20. Maintain the AAI’s DGCA/Approvals/ or any other as required during audit by DGCA.
21. Ensure that all staff the who carries out Quality Inspections and Quality audits are
22. Analyze all relevant data and circulate it within the AAI for information, with
recommendations for improvement in quality standards as required.
23. Have overall responsibility for the control of quality records.
No of Posts: one (01)
Eligibility/ Educational qualification/Experience as on date of application:
Shall have a Degree/AME or Equivalent
The applicant should be less than 70 years of age during the committed period.
Familiarity with aircraft maintenance statutory regulations.
Knowledge of DGCA regulations and relevant regulation legislation governing
or affecting operation/maintenance of the aircraft.
Applicant must hold a valid DGCA India license BAMEL/BAMEC.
A minimum experience of 10 years in aviation out of which at least 2 years in
CAMO and should be current on all required trainings.
Should meet the requirements of CAR M and be acceptable to DGCA as a post
Should be familiar to overseeing Maintenance management of aircraft
Dornier DO-228 and Beechcraft B-350 owned by AAI.
Should be fluent in written and verbal communication skills.
Should have good working knowledge of computer operation (MS Office
Terms and Conditions
1. CONTRACT PERIOD: Contract shall be for a period of 2(two) years, extendable for
another 1 (one) year subject to satisfactory performance and on mutual consent.
2. Honorarium: Consolidated emoluments of Rs. 65,000/- per month with annual
increase of 5% and will subject to deduction of statuary tax / TDS as per rule.
Rs.1500 /- per month for Conveyance & Telephones.
3. No CPF, Gratuity etc. shall be admissible to the Consultant (Quality Manager).
4. Medical and other Benefits: AAI does not undertake any liability for providing any
medical facility to Consultant (QM) of his/her dependents, which is existing in AAI
and there will be no other financial liability on the part of AAI, since the
remuneration is inclusive of everything.
5. Leave: The Consultant (QM) shall be eligible for 12 days Casual leave and 15 days
sick leave in a calendar year on prorata basis. The un-availed leave in a calendar
year cannot be carried forward to next calendar year or en-cashed at the end of the
6. Termination of contract: Contract can be terminated by either party by giving two
months’ notice. AAI would be free to terminate the services of Consultant (QM) in
case he/she remains absent for more than 15 days beyond the entitled leave in a
View the official advertisement here: