Air Seychelles Careers 2019
The Aircraft Mechanic (AM) position is to assist the Aircraft Engineers (AE) and Aircraft Technicians (AT) to carry out the technical maintenance on aircraft both in the hangar and on the line, within the scheduled ground time, according to Air Seychelles and Customer Technical requirements.
Drive Compliance standard to reflect the company’s policies and processes as per requirements.
Support aircraft maintenance operation to meet the airlines safety, airworthiness compliance and commercial objectives.
- Abide to all references of quality and/or standards that are laid out in different areas of service provision that meet the safety, operational and commercial objectives of the airline.
- Assist the Aircraft Engineers and Aircraft Technicians to ensure that all aircraft maintenance requirements are met in a safe and timely manner (Both Domestic/INTL Line).
- Ensure headset contact is made with crews of all arriving aircraft (INTL Line Maintenance).
- Inform and consult with Engineers to ensure the highest on-time performance with regard to all aspects of aircraft maintenance (Both Domestic/INTL Line).
- Ensure all equipment and tooling are kept in clean and serviceable condition (Both Domestic / INTL Line).
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with best industry practices using the approved tooling and personal protective equipment (Both Domestic/INTL Line).
- Keep a valid Airside Driving License and keep the following Training valid at all times: SMS, Human Factors –Air Seychelles concept, EWIS-as applicable to duty (see also competency assessment for this requirement), Air Seychelles Procedures, Fuel Tank Safety.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by line management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATION AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum one year relevant work experience qualification in Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or Motor Vehicle 3
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a technical role in a technical/mechanical industry
- Good understanding of mechanical engineering projects/areas
- Previous “hand-on “mechanical experience
- General knowledge of Aviation
- Strong team player
- Possesses a safety-conscious approach to work; Organised and responsible
- Good initiative
- Ability to work flexible schedules including shift work, weekends, holidays
- Good physical fitness