Boeing Jobs – Calibration Technician
Boeing Jobs 2019- Boeing India Pvt Ltd is hiring for Calibration Technician in Bangalore, India. Stay Connected with AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!
Boeing Jobs 2019
This role involves,
Plan, check, set up, and operate, basic and complex Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) calibration independently.
Use calibration standards (dimensional, electrical, thermal, and optical) to calibrate, adjust, certify, maintain, and repair M&TE/process equipment using approved calibration procedures, process specifications, equipment drawings, and M&TE /process equipment manufacturer’s performance specifications. Autonomy of operation for on-site calibrations is highly desired.
Conduct routine tests, analyze data and document results. Troubleshoot and recommend resolution of shop floor equipment, laboratory and test-related problems.
- Route M&TE/process equipment between receiving area, customer, and calibration lab.
- Coordinate with customers to calibrate stationary equipment (on-site) while limiting machine downtime.
- Update equipment status using established systems and complete associated paperwork.
- Ensure equipment is ready for calibration per metrology processes.
- Prioritize and perform work according to automated daily report list, hot list, or as assigned by team lead or manager.
- Perform visual check of M&TE/process equipment for discrepancies and wear.
- Identify, document, and route non-conforming items in accordance with metrology lab processes.
- Provide information and clarification to customers on metrology processes.
- Develop and review new calibration processes and procedures.
- Perform computations necessary to analyze measurement test results.
- For calibrations that are not done in-house, coordinate with external suppliers for: specifying the calibration needs, co-ordinate schedule with business partner, validate the reception of calibrated items and hand over to business partner.
Understanding of basic and advanced M&TE and process equipment e.g. Digital meters, probes, scopes, precision hand tools, process tools, surface plates, levels, optics (basic 2 dimensional), items used to measure and record: force, mass, pressure, vacuum, temperature, voltage, and hardness. Understanding of electrical equipment, electronics tuning, and experience with laser interferometry.
Diploma or Degree
Metrology experience across electrical, dimensional and mechanical physical disciplines preferred. (5) Years minimum related experience. A diploma in Electronics/ Electrical/ Mechanical or formal Metrology training from reputed metrology institutes preferred; 5 to 7 years of calibration lab experience preferred.
Individual Contributor – 2
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Best Wishes from AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!