There are lots of benefits you will get, after joining of Indian Air Force.
Once you become a part of the Indian Air Force family, you enjoy many facilities and benefits. From housing facilities to free ration, from medical facilities to schools for your children, IAF takes care of all your needs. You continue to avail some of these benefits even after your retirement.
Benefits for Serving Personnel
All Air Force personnel, including Flight Cadets are provided life insurance cover under the Air Force Group Insurance Scheme ( AFGIS). Monthly contribution rates are minimal and the insurance policy covers all contingencies. As an Air Force Officer you are insured for an amount of Rs 50 lakhs with an additional insurance cover of Rs 10 lakhs for pilots.
As a member of AFGIS, you can avail following loans:
- House Building Loan
- Computer Loan
- Conveyance Loan
All Air Force officers, their families and dependents have free access to medical rooms and hospitals equipped with the best of facilities. Apart from being treated at the Armed Forces Hospitals, there are also tie ups with Civil Hospitals for treatment of specialised cases, if required. Patients are also given grants for purchase of necessary medical equipment and mechanical aid to help make them self-reliant.
- Scholarships and welfare schemes from AFWWA( Air Force wives welfare association)
- Other benefits
- Leave- Annual leave for 60 days and casual leave of 20 days per year
- Leave travel concessions
- Institute and Messes membership
- School facilities
- Rail concessions
- Secured camp life
- CSD facilities
- Recreational and sports facilities
- Educational Opportunities
Once you join the Air Force, you realise that behind all the action and adventure is a lot of effort towards academic pursuits. From the moment you are selected, till the time you retire, you are continuously honing your skills with a large number of in-service courses and other educational avenues.
- If you join the Air Force through NDA, you earn yourself a Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Computer Science.
- The IAF also sponsors M. Tech. courses for officers of the Technical Branch, in institutes like IIT and BHU-IT.
- The IAF also has tie-ups with universities like IGNOU to facilitate long-distance learning for officers and airmen.
- Study Leave – They are also allowed study leave of up to 24 months extendible up to 28 months.
After retirement from the service, An IAF Officer is entitled to a decent pension which takes care of the needs of the family
Post retirement insurance cover is provided to all Air Force pensioners who have rendered pensionable years of service on payment of minimal premium. The cover given by the Society is upto 72 years of age.
The facilities of Ex-servicemen Contributory Health Scheme (ECHS) such as after retirement at minimum one time contribution, cashless treatment for family for life at ECHS Polyclinics and empanelled premium super specialty group of hospitals like Fortis, Artemis, Apollo, Escorts to name few and many others at almost every city in India with facility of Private Wards.
- All the retired officers and their dependents have access to medical rooms and hospitals equipped with the best of the facilities. Apart from being entitled to the medical facilities, retired Air Force personnel is also authorized for the following benefits:
- Coverage under medical insurance for lifetime.
- Grant for Commercial Venture for personnel who have had to leave service due to medical reasons.
Placement Cell : Air Force Association
After leading a very active life in Air Force, majority of the retired Air Force personnel are faced with pressing need to keep themselves gainfully occupied in civil life. To help such ex- Air Force personnel find a suitable job post retirement, the Placement Cell of Air Force Association offers employment assistance to fulfill their needs. The Cell acts as a facilitator between the employer and the employee. The main function involves registration of retirees, matching their profile vis-à-vis qualitative requirements set out by the employer and arranging for their interview for final selection by the employer. Retired Air Force Personnel can register themselves for employment through the website : www.afa-india.org
803 total views, 2 views today