Etihad Airways Careers 2017
Component Technician – Instrument Shop
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2013, it placed firm orders for 204 aircraft, which included 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: etihad.com
Etihad Aiways Engineering is pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Component Services function at Technician level. As a Component Technician – Instrument Shop, you will add immediate value by performing and tracking approved maintenance and modification operations to permitted aircraft components in compliance with legal and technical procedures and regulations.
You will unlock opportunities for yourself, which will enable you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Policies and Procedures
Follow all relevant policies, processes and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Implement the day-to-day standard operations assigned to ensure compliance with the established standards and procedures. Refer to supervisor for complex tasks which may require exceptions to procedures
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Perform approved maintenance work on aircraft components within area of responsibility and on approved schedule, to ensure compliance with internal procedures and external regulations
- Inspect, test and troubleshoot parts, assembly, disassembly and other component issues according to approved documentation (e.g. CMM) to ensure compliance with regulations and adherence to high standards
- Assist, track and document maintenance activities execution to ensure progression according to plan
- Track and report technical issues and anomalies to senior team members in a timely fashion to ensure their speedy resolution
- Maintain and oversee tools and equipment in compliance with policies and procedures to ensure proper function and appropriate housekeeping
- Coach, train and assist junior team members to contribute to skills development and knowledge of standards and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Diploma (2 years or more).
- Minimum of 5 years in leading technicians in component maintenance. D2 authorization (preferred). OEM training (preferred). Fluent in oral and written English language. Computer literate (Excel/Word/Access/Email).
- English Language Skills – Proficient
- Manual Dexterity – Advanced
- Policies, Procedures & Work Methods – Advanced
782 total views, 4 views today