Do you own a drone in India?
Attention Drone Operators / Owners!
It’s mandatory by the Government of India to register your Drone online. It’s a very simple process. the last date mentioned by Government is 31.01.2020.
- All owners of drones in India are required to enlist their drones before 5 PM on Friday 31 Jan 2020
- The public notice No. AV-22011/4/2015-DG dated 13 January 2020, issued by the Ministry of Civil Aviation, Government of India is available here.
- Kindly note that ALL unmanned aircraft need to be enlisted. For ample clarity, these include models, prototypes, toys, RC aircraft, autonomous and remotely piloted aircraft systems etc.
- The drone enlistment form has two parts. After uploading the drone owner’s information, the owner will receive an Ownership Acknowledgement Number (OAN). Using the OAN, the owner will upload the drone-related information and will receive a Drone Acknowledgement Number (DAN).
- Each drone will require a fresh enlistment. Since a drone owner may have multiple drones, the owner shall use same OAN to enlist all drones owned by him. A separate DAN will be issued for each drone.
- Ownership of a drone in India without a valid OAN and DAN shall invite penal action as per applicable laws.
- Possession of an OAN or DAN does NOT confer the right to operate the drone in India. Kindly refer to Civil Aviation Requirements (CAR), Section 3 – Air Transport Series X, Part I, Issue I, dated 27 August, 2018 and other notifications issued by DGCA from time to time for information regarding ownership and operation of drones.
- Kindly keep the following items handy before filling the enlistment form:
- Scanned copy of Passport’s first and last page (in one sheet) OR Aadhaar card’s front and back view (in one sheet).
- Three high quality pictures of your drone: front-view, top-view; and a close-up view of the manufacturer’s serial number. Each picture should have a physical measuring-scale placed adjacent to the drone in order to provide a reasonable approximation of its dimensions.
- Copy of any utility bill (Electricity, water, gas, fixed line telephone or mobile phone) or a bank statement not older than 3 months. In case you use the bank statement, you may black out the financial details on the bank statement.
- Copy of the highest educational qualification (required ONLY for individual owners).
- PAN card of organisation (NOT required for individual owners).
- Letter on official letterhead certifying appointment of Authorised Signatory (NOT required for individual owners).
- Kindly note that NONE of the items above should be password-protected. Each document or photograph should be below 300KB in size.
- If the above items are readily available with you, time required to complete the enlistment form is approximately 25 minutes.
- Kindly note that there is no ‘Save and fill later’ option in the form. You may have to complete the form in one go. Sorry about this!
- The information provided herein will be used only for official purposes by the Competent Authority.
- For any problem faced in filling up the form, kindly drop in a mail to the Digital Sky Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please do add email@example.com to your ‘safe senders list’ to avoid the Helpdesk’s response from getting blocked or being sent to your spam folder.
- The deadline for enlisting your drones is as stated above. Kindly fill up the form right away to avoid the last-minute rush.