Qatar Airways Careers 2019
Qatar Airways Engineering Careers 2019
Duty Engineer – LHR | Qatar Airways | London
About Your Job:
Qatar Airways are looking for Duty Engineers to join our team in London, Heathrow.
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Aircraft Maintenance service in London Heathrow to support operations effectively by providing the required specialized knowledge and/or information. In this role, you are responsible for ensuring the optimal fleet performance of QR aircraft through appropriate manpower, materials and completion of assigned complex tasks within set timeframes. You will target to constantly achieve the expected quality and productivity for each tasks. You will plan assigned activities effectively and ensure proper usage of equipment and tooling as per procedural framework. You will communicate to all QTR affiliated parties in the station and oversee audit and work supervision in the station.
Specific Operational responsibilities include:
- Planning of assigned activities in an effective and efficient manner, operate equipment or use tooling relative to assigned tasks within framework of Qatar Airways procedures.
- Responsible for the final release of work accomplished by self or Mechanics. Ensuring tasks are performed to meet company standards and targets such as dispatch reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
- Aircraft maintenance tasks are accomplished in accordance with laid down policies and procedures. Monitor and ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements of QR and the staff are maintained at all times.
- Executing assigned activities in an effective manner and effectively operate equipment or handle tooling, accomplishing assigned tasks within framework of procedures. Ensure required tools and equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
- Shift handover is maintained and incoming shift informed of operational requirements that have or could have an impact on business.
- Utilizing effectively the available ground time in clearing defects and performing scheduled tasks though close liaison with MOCC and Mechanics on the aircraft as per operational requirement.
- Providing support in case of AOG in LHR as well as providing operational requirements within certain regions where Qatar Airways operates. The role will be required to travel to station for aircraft recovery as required.
- Planning and executing Line maintenance services to Customer Airlines according to contract executed between QR and operators. Ensure Customer procedures are always complied.
- Maintaining Line store as per QR requirements.
You must have a relevant College or University level qualification holding a minimum of 2 full QR main fleet EASA/ICAO/QCAA license and approvals.
You are a Licensed Engineer capable of holding authorization on foreign carriers aircraft types.
Holding EASA part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License, type-rated with minimum two aircraft type i.e. A330, B777, A350 and B787 is preferred.
You must have minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Technical Maintenance for a large Airline.
Holding EASA part 147 type training or equivalent.
You are able to work in a highly pressurized working environment with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern. You have very good exposure to operational and tactical decision making and able to prioritize sequential completion of task and process.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Aircraft Maintenance License (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
LAST DATE 31.05.2019