Etihad Engineering – Etihad Engineering is hiring for Design Engineer. Stay Connected with AeroCareers- Aviation is for Everyone!
Etihad Engineering Jobs 2019
Etihad Airways Design Engineering are pleased to announce an internal opportunity to join the team as a Design Engineer offering technical support (under part 145) and repairs (under part 21J) to the MRO. As a Design Engineer you will develop technical solutions for aircraft repairs, provide troubleshooting advice, liaise with OEM’s and manage deviations to modifications.
As a Design Engineer – Systems, you will add value by developing technical solutions for aircraft modifications, producing and issuing relevant data and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness of the package provided for Compliance Verification.
- Accountable to provide clear, effective, concise and technically accurate solutions (trouble shooting, major/minor repairs, dispensations and concessions) for defects arising from maintenance or per customer request (EWR/CWR).
- Develop technical solutions by utilizing published data such as IPC, SRM, AMM, CMM, SBs, EM, Production Drawings, Standards and other applicable manuals/maintenance data. Analyse defect reports to establish root cause.
- Ensure that the technical solutions (repairs/deviations) are developed and approved as per the organization’s procedures and are in compliance to the applicable regulation privileges of Part 145 or scope of Part 21J DOA. Submit a comprehensive defect report with a repair/deviation proposal to the manufacturer to obtain approval in a timely manner.
- Produce the substantiation data, means of compliance to the certification specifications, Instructions for Continued Airworthiness, laboratory test as per the organization’s procedures and in compliance to the applicable regulation EASA/GCAA. Guide Design Engineers and Design Technicians to develop substantiation data used for Part 21J approval.
- Create the “change/modification” design solutions and the applicable certification package based on a known work scope, where he/she actively develop the Design Engineering documents per the EASA/GCAA rules and regulations in-line with the Etihad Engineering DOP and DOH.
- Interface with all internal and external stakeholders to implement the required Engineering design/Changes in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Ensure timely release of Engineering Documents and Instructions for Continued Airworthiness for preparations of aircraft return to service after modification. Resolve any Design Engineering issues arising before or during the layover.
- Maintain an efficient engineering process that focuses on improving reliability and maintenance turnaround time by maximum utilization of DOA capability and OEM support.
- Provide regular status reports to the Manager Engineering to determine critical path and risks to the maintenance operation or certification project, and support Manager Engineering with any additional tasks or projects to meet organization objectives.
- Ensure all man-hrs are recorded, invoiced and cMRO is duly updated to meet budget targets.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Aeronautical, Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering or ICAO Part 66 B1/B2 License holder.
- Minimum 8 years of experience as an Engineer in an EASA/GCAA Part 145/21J organization (equivalent FAA experience is acceptable) or TC holder or at a DOA/POA with similar scope to Etihad Engineering.
- Strong background and skills in aircraft repairs, modification, retrofit development, trouble shooting and AOG support.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills, planning and budget management experience, strong interpersonal skills and social competence, team player, self-starter, creative and innovative, decisive and firm, analytical and modeling intelligence, business intelligence and high willingness to take over responsibility is required.
- Language skills: English fluently in speaking and writing.