GKN Aerospace Careers – Welder
GKN Aerospace Careers. GKN Aerospace is hiring for Welder. Stay connected with AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!
GKN Aerospace Careers – Welder
CC: GKN Aerospace
Following specific and general instructions, specializes in Electronic Beam welding on all types of metal including titanium, nickel alloy and aluminum. May also clean, tack and weld production hardware using both auto and manual welding techniques on a variety of metals. Acts as mentor for junior Welders. May work with engineering to resolve problems and develop new processes and/or procedures.
Qualification & Skills:
- Certified operator for EB welding machines and 2- 4 working experience in aviation industries.
- Minimum of 2 years direct and related welding experience for this field is required. AWS certification on all materials to be welded. Requires knowledge of basic math and ability to read blueprints and meet inspection requirements in accordance with customer specifications. Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions. Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements. The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.
1) To ensure the testing fixtures are available for certification testing. Requisitions and stock adequate quantities of test material.
2) Assisting Manufacturing Engineers to review new customer certification requests for compliance.
3) Performs as “EB Welding point of contact” for in-house audits and certification.
4) Reviews certification requirements and system of control for administration and cost improvements.
5) Work with Manufacturing Engineers to create training materials, coordinate trainings with other departments and conducts training for new EB Weld technician if needed.
6) As required, receives and distributes new radiation film badges. Collects and returns expired badges. Receives/distributes radiation reports.
7) Assisting Manufacturing Engineer to develop welding procedures and techniques. Monitors/expedites development testing. Assists in the qualification of welders and welding operators by maintaining material stock, creating planning, tracking qualification packages, and preparing certification documentation.
8) Provides electron beam equipment support and maintenance assistance. Performs production welding in support of the welding shops as directed.
9) Provides engineering assistance to perform welding in accordance with customer requirements.
10) May review weld rejects and develop corrective actions.
11) Assists in the maintenance, modification, and improvement of welding equipment where needed to support company objectives.
12) Assist in the development and maintenance of a business culture which supports the company’s overall business objectives and goals, in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
13) Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
14) Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff isaware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
15) Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
4,847 total views, 2 views today