Emirates Careers 2019
Emirates Airlines Careers 2019
Human Factors Specialist
Reporting to the Human Factors Manager, the Human Factors Specialist will manage the CRM/HF training content/resources and organise the CRM Instructors to ensure best practice CRM/HF training is delivered to Emirates crew as well as other staff, in compliance with GCAA regulations and IOSA requirements.
Job Outline: – Develop new and existing CRM/HF course material. Ensure that training complies with GCAA and other relevant regulatory/industry requirements and industry best practice.
– Organise and develop CRM Instructors in regards to instructional technique and subject knowledge. Ensure effective delivery of course material by CRM Instructors. Promote good feedback, cooperation, leadership and mentoring within the CRM Instructor group.
– Ensure regulatory recognition and recency for CRM Instructors. Coordinate CRM Instructors’ rosters and other administrative aspects of CRM Instructors duties. Ensure that the provision and quality of CRM Instructors meet the training needs of the organisation.
– Deliver CRM Training in accordance with the training plan.
– Coordinate with other parts of the organisation (e.g. Cabin Crew, Dispatch, Engineering etc.) to develop and deliver effective CRM/HF training.
– Monitor and maintain all courseware, including version control, and accessibility of courseware for CRM Instructors and other instructors using CRM/HF course material. Monitor and maintain other required CRM/HF training facilities and resources.
– Monitor and analyse CRM/HF course evaluation data to validate quality of course material and delivery. Propose improvements to course material and instructional technique as required.
– Promote third-party interest in CRM/HF courses. – Conduct Human Factors coaching sessions for Emirates flight crew and other staff.
– Conduct projects, tasks and administrative duties, as requested, including, but not limited to the following:
a. Develop presentations for courses other than CRM/HF courses as well as for internal meetings and other events,
b. Cooperate with Flight Safety and Group Safety in regards to reporting and investigation of safety-related events,
c. Participate in meetings and working groups as requested and liaise with all relevant parts of the organisation in regards to CRM/HF-issues, d. Perform studies of HF-related issues as requested,
e. Perform observation line-flights to monitor applied use of CRM in flight operations,
f. Write submissions to internal (e.g. Training newsletter) and external publications
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) : Experience : Minimum 5 years training experience in the Human Factors in Aviation field with at least 2 years of airline experience relevant to Emirates operations. Flight Operations : 5+ Years Knowledge/skills: Advanced computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word and Excel). Recognised as a CRM Trainer by the GCAA. Remain current with developments to industry best practice in CRM/HF training and with research in the field of Human Factors.