IndiGo is India’s fastest growing low cost airline providing passengers with consistent on time performance, low fares and courteous service from the heart. IndiGo’s Cadet Pilot Programs are world-class for which IndiGo has partnered with Skyborne Airline Academy, L3 Harris, CAE, NZICPA, Flight Training Adelaide, INSIGHT AVIATION and Chimes Aviation Academy, who are the world’s largest network of professional flight schools.
IndiGo’s Cadet Pilot Programs Year 2020
A. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – CAE
CAE is the proud to partner with IndiGo in the delivery of a new pathway for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Programme – International Pathway. Selected cadets will train across two of CAE’s academies in India and the USA.
This self-sponsored International Pathway is jointly designed by CAE and IndiGo to enable you to train for a Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and an Airbus A320 Type Rating with CAE before going on to fly as an A320 First Officer with IndiGo.
B. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – L3 Harris
- Status: Full-time
- Duration: 21 months, subject to scheduling
- Type: Integrated CPL/MEIR
- Required experience: Little or none
- Employment: Airline Pilot preparation
- Location: Florida / India
- L3Harris / IndiGo Cadet Pilot program
- Dual license-USA FAA and DGCA CPL/MEIR
- IndiGo employment if successful
- Latest-generation aircraft and simulators
- Professional training environment
Cost & funding
The funding required for the IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program comprises:
- DGCA Ground School (covers all 3 DGCA exams) USD$5,500
- FAA Flight training – USD $86,000
- DGCA License conversion fly portion – USD$4,500 to $7,000
- MCC/A320 Type Rating – USD$39,000
- Total Training Fee – USD $135,000 – $137,500
View full details on L3 Harris Link: Click Here
C. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – FTA (Flight Training Adelaide)
A has designed a training program that requires travel for cadets in only two countries. The program has four phases:
- Phase 1: DGCA ground theory and examinations in India and FTA Pre-course Computer Based Training
- Phase 2: CASA Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL) and Multi-Engine Instrument Rating (MECIR) at FTA Adelaide
- Phase 3: DGCA licence conversion flying module in India
- Phase 4: Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) at FTA and A320 type rating in Melbourne, Australia
View full details on FTA Link: Click Here
D. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – Skyborne
- A programme designed by Skyborne, in partnership with IndiGo
- You will graduate with US FAA and DGCA CPL MEIR licences
- You will be presented with a Letter of Intent to Employ from IndiGo prior to starting the programme
- Indian National or Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) holder
- Eligible to hold a US Visa for the purpose of study
- Hold, or be eligible to hold, an Indian passport with unrestricted rights to live and work in India and travel worldwide
- Have a DGCA computer number
View on the Skyborne Link – Click Here
E. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – NZICPA
View on the Link- Click Here
F. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – INSIGHT AVIATION
- 18 years or older on last date of application
- 32 years or younger on last date of application
- Indian National
- Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), subject to security clearance
- Higher Secondary Certificate (10 + 2)
- Minimum of 51% / Grade Point 6 / Grade C1 individually in each of English, Physics, and Mathematics
Note: Engineering graduates with 51% or more aggregate exempt from score requirements for Physics and Mathematics in Grade 12
G. IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – Chimes Aviation Academy
Chimes Aviation academy (CAA) and IndiGo have partnered to launch the Cadet Pilot Program (CPP) to source their Junior Flying Officers (JFOs). This program is designed to train aspiring pilots selected by IndiGo to attain their Commercial Pilot’s Licence (CPL-MEIR) and A320 Type Rating.
The CAA IndiGo CPP caters to individuals with no previous flying experience, and who would like to make their careers as a pilot with IndiGo. This program consists of Ground School training to appear for the DGCA and WPC exams, Flying and Type Rating training for the cadets over a comprehensive full-time 20-month Program which includes DGCA documentation and endorsements.
Cadet Selection & Assessment Process
The basic eligibility requirements to become a pilot applies to the CAA IndiGo CP program are as follows:
Education & English languageFluent in English (verbal and written) Minimum Education Qualification:
10+2 with minimum score of 51% / Grade Point 6 / Grade C1 –
Individually in each subject i.e. Physics / Mathematics / English or a Higher Degree that includes these subjects with minimum passing score of 51%.
A Graduated in Engineering with an aggregate score
of 51 % or more, (the eligibility criterion of 12th with
51% except in English can be overlooked).
A B. Tech (4-year Program) meeting above requirements
may be considered.
AgeMust be between 18 and 32 years of age as on March 31, 2020
MedicalAble to obtain and maintain Indian DGCA Class 1 Medical Certificate.
PassportHave a valid Indian passport and the unrestricted right to
live and work in India, with the ability to travel
Background & SelectionAble to produce a Criminal Record Check (CRC)
Basic Disclosure Certificate and pass all
IndiGo and CAA referencing checks
FundingMust have access to the full funding required for this course
View on the Chime Aviation Academy – Click Here