Website Global Aerospace Logistics
Global Aerospace Logistics -GAL Careers 2017
Post: TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS OFFICER
Job Code: REF/HRS/SRF/17-0191 | Date Posted: 01/05/2017 | Expiry Date: 31/12/2017 | Location: Sweihan (SWHN)
The Technical Publications officer’s team provides timely documentation updates and support throughout the aircraft’s life cycle. Keeps control over the technical publications inventories distributed to all the different dependencies that requires having technical manuals. Maintains a direct OEM I Tech Rep communication to request any support required to assure a smooth operation. Maintain updated technical publications acquiring subscriptions. Inform the Technical Publications Server users about the latest news and updates made in the server. Handle and control of the document and updates distribution. Support the technical personnel with technical enquiries. Will also be responsible to:
1. Documents control management, including sensitive documentation destruction procedures. This includes proper labeling, classification and distribution.
2. Maintain continuous communications with OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturers. This includes report discrepancies, request latest technical publications status.
3. Perform technical publications audits to check if distributed inventories are updated, with proper revision insertion, condition, and proper use.
4. Comply with all SOPs for GAL Maintenance Operation, well as the Publications Office SOP, taking always the last updated SOP according with all process in TPO.
5. Maintain continuous contact with U.S. Army to Request and track FMS case’s publications, and taking special care with Technical assistance Agreements and other restrictions like ITAR.
6. Receive, process and distribute updates, changes and revisions to the affected publications in all dependencies, including the Technical Publication Office.
7. Keep controlled all technical publications quantities distributed around the bases and deployed kits. Maintain the technical publication server updated and available for all personnel 24/7.
8. Provide recurring training program in order to adequately instruct personnel on how to handle technical publications.
9. Process all the technical publications requests suggesting Original Equipment Manufacturers as a first POC. Maintain technical publications up to date including, customer issued manuals, local manuals, media, documents and all publications related to the direct maintenance support of customer’s fleet.
10. Mange the subscriptions and renewal process which might include contract acquisition for OEM support. Provide support and document control for A/C modifications.
11. Properly distribute, assign locations and inventory new manuals being assigned to line maintenance, quality control, and logistics personnel.
12. Scheduled download of latest Information Services (SB, SL, ASL, etc.) for the applicable fleet including engines and systems; the schedule includes weekends.
13. Manage Logistics related to international shipments receipt and tracking.
14. Request technical publications using the different budgets available.
15. Support Q&E department with workshops and hangars inspections and any other requirement. 16. Support QA with the document control and any other requirement.
No Restriction- All Nationality can apply.
– BA/BS in Engineering, Aeronautical or Mechanical preferred.
– 3 years of experience managing technical publications for civil or military operations. – Technical Publications, Information Services (SB, SL, ASB, etc.). – Document control management. Supply chain and inventory management. – Procurement processes and OEM contract processes. – Aviation Unit Maintenance. – Aviation Intermediate Maintenance.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.gal.ae/careers/ViewJob.aspx?jobId=4215 →