Flydubai Careers 2019
Jobs in Dubai
Cargo Operations Senior Supervisor
Responsible for safety and security of daily cargo and mail operations in a shift pattern. Will need to perform multi-skilled tasks to provide reliable and cost-effective cargo and mail services to customers while overseeing services provided by external service providers throughout the network.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIESKey Activities
1. Leading a large team of operations staff deployed in shifts at the Dubai Airport and Dubai World Central Airport, in order to process cargo, courier and mail globally, on the flydubai Cargo network while protecting and enhancing system-wide Cargo revenue generation objectives. 2. Responsible for managing operational efficiencies, optimizing the capacity usage, conforming to safety, security standards and maintaining schedule integrity, to provide the highest level of service quality standards on a 24/7 shift basis.3. Continuously develops process improvements within export and import cargo services, in close cooperation with the key stakeholders.4. Liaises with the GHA to encourage ongoing communication and promote desired service levels5. Analyse situation, identify cause and take critical decisions in the absence of Managers.6. Drive operational excellence with contracted vendors by managing key performance indicators and service levels7. Conduct/attend regular meetings with internal and external departments and entities to achieve tangible outcomes8. Perform regular quality checks and proper completion of paperwork as well as provide feedback to respective stakeholders and work to address any problem areas identified9. Participate in audits, assessments and any projects and take the required follow up actions10. Ensure clear communication of flydubai cargo notices to all team members and suppliers is disseminated and understood11. Liaise with Postal Operators and Ground Handling Agents to receive and deliver postal mail as planned.12. Ensure Cargo, Courier and Mail handling activities are undertaken in compliance with flydubai Safety and Security policies. 13. Monitor operational performance of various special cargo products e.g. Pharmaceuticals, live animal, dangerous goods, valuable, postal mail etc according to the company and industry standards on safety, security and electronic documentation e.g. E-AWB handling14. Support the implementation of the local/regional operations business plan.15. Support the implementation of local/regional measures meant for the support of the worldwide cargo handling strategy.16. Assists in the analysis of cost/budget achievements/service element and performance.17. Recommend and conduct coaching for cargo team members and act as the designated trainer when required.18. Attend loadability requests for outsized packages and support the supervisors in decision making.19. Escalate IT related issues and non-compliances to Managers when observed.20. Intercept and take decisions on queries and clarifications sought by load controllers, operating crew or any other stake holders to achieve operational efficiencies21. Analyze daily load and provide feedback to Managers.22. Demonstrate leadership and lead by example in accordance with flydubai core values
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
• University Degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 8 years in a similar role in an Airline or GSSA • At least 5 years in Air Cargo Operation with supervisory/management experience.
Knowledge / Skills
• Knowledge of Air Cargo, Courier and Postal Mail related procedures and policies.• Knowledge of MS Office applications • Successful completion of an Air Cargo related course would be a distinct advantage.
Certificate / License required
• Valid UAE Driving License• IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (CAT 6)• Safety Management System• Aviation Security & Safety Management
• Must be fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of Arabic desirable.
• Customer Focus• Team work• Effective Communication• Personal Accountability & Commitment to achieve• Resilience and Flexibility (Can do attitude)