Quest Global Careers 2019
Quest Global India Careers 2019
Lead Engineer – Component Design
Jobs in Bangalore
Design Key Accountabilities :
Integrate between Design, Stress and CDG functions to achieve the best cost, weight, performance and delivery. Justifying designs at technical and business review meetings.
Define deliverables and tasks for statement of work documents.
Produce detailed Design Definition reports which accurately describe your requirements, concepts, concept selection criterion, risks and how the design will be verified and validated.
Ensure that solutions are delivered on time, on cost and to the expected level of quality.
Ensure the plan delivers all requirements (E.g. programme and technical). Support the Project change control processes. Understanding requirement and provide estimation.
Completing the design in line with standards and best practices. Customer interaction and presenting to forums Review the Design Definition Report, Product data management/Bill of Material and Buy-off packs To make decisions and demonstrates ownership of the design solution.
- Understand the Design problem, requirements and develop appropriate Engineering Design solutions resolving the problem.
- Generate concepts, apply appropriate tools to down select and refine the solution concept.
- Carry out detailed design activities which may involve Technical Risk analysis, FMEA, Tolerance stack calcs, Engineering calcs, Materail selection, Discussion with specialist areas etc.
- Co-ordinate with Several functional teams to progress the design work and meet the design intent.
- Produce design artifacts which may include Design Report, Solution drawings, Interface documents, etc
- Follow Design Processes and work instructions to carry out the design work.
- Own the design solution and demonstrate capability to customers
- Act as a focal point for the design process and technical design solution (considering the entire life cycle of each component)
- Use Robust Design methodologies (System Boundary Diagram, Functional Analysis diagram, Analytical Hierarchy Process (AHP), Pugh Matrix) to down select the best design concept.
- Discuss with Manufacturer to agree on the proposed design and get the other details like cost, manufacturing lead time etc.
- Instruct and co-ordinate other roles to create, evaluate, analyse and verify the optimum solution, including Design for Process Excellence activities. Note that this includes ‘Design for X’ activities.
- Co-ordinate with stress team and tweak the design based on the feedback from preliminary analysis results.
- Discuss and agree with Materials Engineering on the proposed materials.
- Conduct DFMEA to identify and mitigate the risks associated with the solution.
- Obtain buy-off from all the relevant stake holders.
- Prepare the Design Definition Report (DDR) and Scheme Drawing to capture the design intent.
- Capture and record design evolution and evaluation processes and lessons learned.
- Present the solution to different review panel and get it passed from the review.
- Conduct Design Validation and justify the design
- Ensure that the related documents are uploaded in teamcenter for further reference
Experienced on Gas Turbine components, Compressors, Fans, Shaft, Gears, Combustion Chamber, Turbines, and Nozzle etc.
Applications such as: Design of components.
Modification of existing design Involved in Design and Validation of components (Any Domain).
Basic understanding of Stress and Vibration.
Knowledge of Various Manufacturing methods and materials. Qualifications and experience : Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering.
You will have a good understanding of Gas Turbine Engines & design requirements of main engine & accessory transmission system – experience of design process within the aerospace industry may be advantageous.
Good 3D Modelling and analysis skills as well as familiarity with manufacturing methods.
Good knowledge of drawing creation (ISO/ASME) and interpretation of geometric tolerances.
Knowledge of Product Data Management and Product Lifecycle Management.
Good knowledge of Project Management, Risk Management, Requirements Management. Demonstrable knowledge and experience of design engineering. Fluent English written and spoken.
UG-NX Microsoft Suite Soft Skills Ability to effectively conduct technical discussions over telephone.
Team Player Creative and Innovative Openness
Total Years of Exp