Boeing Careers 2019
Boeing India Private Limited Careers 2019
Manager – Design Engineering
Jobs in Bangalore
Test & Evaluation engineers at Boeing make sure that products at the world’s largest aerospace company continue to meet the highest standards. From quality and reliability, to safety and performance, their expertise is vital to the concept, design and certifications of a wide variety of commercial and military systems. Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) based in Bangalore, India is an integral part of BT&E and is engaged in engineering design build in areas including flight and ground testing of completed full-scale products and more. Boeing Test and Evaluation (BT&E) has an has an immediate opening for an experienced First Level Manager for Design Engineering to support mechanical, engineering manufacturing designs in areas such as flight test and laboratory test instrumentation of existing production aircraft for testing purposes. This position will be located in Bangalore, India, and will report to the Senior Manager, Boeing Test & Evaluation India. This is a techno-managerial position with multi-disciplinary skills and is expected to provide technical leadership and people leadership to the team. This position will also acquire talent and build the team further, motivate, develop and manage employees and provide technical oversight to achieve excellent technical and business outcomes; i.e., provide technical leadership and project management guidance to the team. This position will engage with internal and external stakeholders, maintain relationships/partnerships with customers, peers and partners to develop strategies, goals and objectives that are consistent with the global Boeing Test & Evaluation strategy. This position will acquire resources for departmental activities, develop and administer budgets, schedules and performance standards, as well as lead process improvements to meet the requirements of internal stakeholders. This position will provide project management guidance to the (internal and external) team, and be responsible for coordinating and communicating regularly with experts in Boeing Engineering & Technology organizations around the world. This position will also provide periodic updates to Boeing management in the form of progress reports, project summaries, and other related documents. This position represents Boeing in interactions with senior leaders from Indian Industry, academia, Indian Government organizations, and Boeing’s partners in India. This position will also identify sources in India capable of meeting Boeing’s engineering needs, for developing engagement options, and implementing the selected options to achieve the desired technical capabilities. This position will support initiatives of Boeing Enterprise Engineering Centre India related to employee development, customer engagement, strategic relations, Government interactions, etc. This position will require some travel within India and internationally. Skill Requirement:
- Knowledge and deep understanding of state-of-the-art technologies, policies and procedures, regulations related to Test and Evaluation, Test Technology and related areas.
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to manage aerospace product development and certification testing, laboratory and flight test facilities. Knowledge of test environment and practices. Exposure to coupon testing, structural testing, LRU testing, static/fatigue testing and certification standards.
- Past experience and demonstrated ability to do engineering design & build in mechanical and electrical design and software development.
- Good engineering discipline with demonstrated ability to start with requirements, design & development and release to meet the requirements. Experience in tracking changes in scope through a change management process
- Knowledge of design of mechanisms, test rigs and fixtures, test equipment, test instrumentation and load measurement devices as well as test software development.
- Skilled in advising and mentoring staff members to meet schedules or resolve technical or operational challenges.
- Technical and Project Management skills to lead a diverse team consisting of Boeing personnel and partners to perform engineering design.
- Exceptional engineering & design focused business judgment. Must be results-driven and have a strong bottom-line orientation.
- Teamwork is important in this position; individual must have strong teambuilding skills. Must have demonstrated ability to accomplish results through direct reports, colleagues in other parts of Boeing, and partners, even when they are not direct reports. Ability to work well on virtual teams across multiple time-zones.
- Must be flexible, with a high tolerance for organizational complexity and ability to work with partners from within Boeing and outside.
- Strategic thinking and execution – must be able to develop comprehensive India intelligence/knowledge, and communicate with Boeing Engineering and Technology organizations, identify capacity/capability to perform current and projected engineering work statement, conduct on-site evaluations and assessments regarding their ability to perform these activities.
- Communication – strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to prepare comprehensive reports, proposals, Statements of Work. Candidate must be fluent in English, and have expertise in using MS Office tools.
- Candidate must be a self-starter with a positive attitude, high ethics, and a track record of working successfully under pressure in a time-constrained environment.
- Must be able to mentor team members and partners to accomplish project and departmental goals and objectives.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Qualification & Experience: Bachelors and 15 or more years’ experience, Master’s with 12 or more years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Bachelor, Master engineering degree from an accredited university in mechanical / aerospace / electrical / electronics / software other equivalent engineering discipline will be preferred
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award