Cathay Pacific Jobs – Cathay Pacific Airways is hiring for Aircraft Engineer in Mumbai, India. Stay Connected with AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!
Cathay Pacific Jobs
Location: Mumbai, India
Job Level: B
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Purpose : Perform and certify aircraft maintenance to ensure a high level of safety, reliability, security and presentation required by customers, regulatory authorities and the Company in a cost-effective manner.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Directly perform and certify aircraft maintenance as rostered
- Perform the duties of an Aircraft Mechanic as rostered
- Supervise ground-based aircraft monitoring and recording to assess aircraft serviceability and respond accordingly
- Perform additional aircraft maintenance as requested by Cathay Pacific Maintenance Control and Engineering Planning Hong Kong (ADD Clearance) as appropriate to qualification
- Perform and certify maintenance and servicing of third party operator’s aircraft in accordance with the applicable SGHA
- Provide a high level of customer service
- Perform relief duties on other stations as requested
- Keep up to date with the aircraft systems, technology, processes and procedures
- Other duties as directed by the Engineering Manager
- Supervise mechanics and other staff assigned to the rostered shift
- Enhance the employee experience in line with the role level and Cathay Pacific’s internal brand promise
of Life Well Travelled
Working Environment and Safety
- Monitor ground safety during aircraft servicing and maintenance and ensure that all staff operating around the aircraft adhere to general ramp safety practices
- Ensure safe working practices are applied and that all accidents are reported
- Familiarity with the local airport and company Emergency and Accident procedures
- Ensure all incoming communications are actioned
- Liaise with the Airport Services, Cargo and other Cathay Pacific airport departments to ensure maximum aircraft handling efficiency
- Liaise with airport subcontractors as required during aircraft handling
- Liaise with contracted third party operators’ local representatives
- Familiarity with and uses the available methods of communication such as VHF radios, Internet, fax, memo, GroupWise, SITA etc.
Ground Equipment, Aircraft Tooling and Facilities
- Assist with the servicing, maintenance and cleanliness of all station company ground equipment and vehicles
- Assist with the recalibration of aircraft tooling in accordance with company procedures
- Assist with station engineering fire protection
- Assist with the maintenance and cleanliness of the Engineering facility
- Maintain PC literacy
- Assist with the operation of FMIS (Finance Management Information System)
- Assist with the Company material handling and storage procedures and Customs regulations in relation to imported aircraft materials in line with Company policy
- Assist with the maintenance of all station technical publications
- Complete station logs and records
- Action technical documents and enter data into Ultramain as per company procedures
- Emergency and Accident and Crisis Response responsibilities as required
Qualifications and Experience
- Must hold basic license HKAR 66 B1 or B2 or equivalent foreign license.
- Must hold a minimum of one aircraft type approval at B1 level 3 training.
Application Deadline: 15 November 2019
Best Wishes from AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!