GAL Jobs- Workshop Technician – Aviation Maintenance
GAL- Global Aerospace Logistics Careers 2020
Will also be responsible to:
1. Repairs and replaces aircraft structural components to include stingers, longerons, bulkheads, beams and aircraft skin according to drawings, blueprints, directives, technical manuals and safety procedures.
2. Fabricates structural parts, forming blocks and shapes metal using stretching, shrinking, and other metal forming techniques.
3. Mixes and applies fiberglass and related materials.
4. Makes emergency and permanent repairs to transparent plastic windows and enclosures.
5. Uses common measuring tools, precision measuring gauges and alignment fixtures to perform structural repairs.
6. Applies corrosion prevention control (CPC) treatment to aircraft metals.
7. Maintains facilities for storage of flammable and hazardous materials.
8. Requisition aircraft parts, and maintains shop and bench stock for repair of aircraft structures.
9. Inspects and prepares forms and records related to maintenance in accordance with DA PAM 738-751.
10. Train host nation personnel on the proper maintenance of aircraft structures.
11. Responsible for tools and equipment inventory assigned by the supervisor.
– Required Skills: Thorough knowledge of common tools, special tools, hardware and equipment used in the repair of aircraft metal and composite structures. Must have knowledge on corrosion prevention and control (CPC) techniques, and be able to interpret all applicable technical data.
|Job Category||Workshop Technician|