Joramco Jobs – Joramco is hiring for Safety Officer in Jordan. Stay Connected with AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone!
Transformation Management Office (TMO)
To support the SMS Manager to deliver an aviation safety/maintenance error management system, together with environmental, health and safety management system.
Under the direction of the SMS Manager, the SMS Safety Officer will be expected to;
- Support the delivery of an effective Safety Management System (SMS) and Environment, Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Help manage Hazard, Error Reporting and Risk Management Programs.
- In association with QA, investigate, review and analyze SMS, HSE incidents and injuries reports so that appropriate corrective and effective remedial actions are implemented, for the purpose of preventing any reoccurrence.
- Support with the creation and updating of all required SMS Department records and files.
- Support all the required SMS Safety Committee meetings (SRB and SAG) as required by the SMS manual and the SMSM.
- Support with the implementation of safety awareness, training, develop SMS motivation programs and safety promotion schemes.
- Support with the updating of the Safety Management System manual, together with all supporting procedures and forms.
- Support with the updating of the SMS Emergency Response Plan (ERP).
- During the accomplishment of all assigned audits and inspection, to ensure that all activities are in compliance with applicable environmental laws, regulations and NAA exposition/manual.
- Assist with the assessment of safety considerations when introducing a new process, procedure, machine, or material into the workplace.
- Support all required risk assessment and gap analysis associated with change.
- Support the HSE Specialist to coordinate with medical staff in-charge regarding preventive check-up for employees exposed to occupational health and hazards.
- As directed by the SMSM, perform continuous oversight of all areas to ensure compliance with health, safety and environment requirements.
Perform any other roles and responsibilities within the scope of his/her specialization as assigned by the SMSM.
Bachelor degree in Engineering or any related field, with an Occupational Safety Certificate (OSHA) is preferable, or Part-66 AML holder with applicable previous experience working within aviation safety/maintenance error management systems, and executing standards and safety audits.
5 years’ experience.