Etihad Airways Careers 2017-2018
Location: United Arab Emirates
Etihad Airways Engineering are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Supply Chain function at a Officer level within the Material Planning.
As Material Planner, you will add immediate value to the Supply Chain Organization by being responsible to demand material for aircraft maintenance inputs, preload verification, control of visit material, monitoring and return of unused or unserviceable aircraft material during the aircraft maintenance inputs.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Health and Safety
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment
- Policies and Procedure
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- Evaluation of Recommended Spares Provisioning List(RSPL) and related Maintenance Planning documents to meet the target process time and carry out initial provisioning of spares and equipment for addition of new/leased aircrafts/components based on the manufacturer’s recommendations, experience and available or sourced data to ensure adequate spares provisioning for all type of classifications supporting aircraft entry into service.
- Evaluate reliability figures such as achieved MTBUR, scrap rate etc. in consultation with engineering/ planning to establish/adjust float level for addition/depletion of rotable spares required to achieve the service levels to support dispatch reliability.
- Evaluate consumption figures and lead time against fleet size and budgeted inventory plan, in coordination with maintenance planning to establish/adjust stock levels of consumable/expendable spares required to achieve service levels to support dispatch reliability. Release requisitions for procurement to meet the target process times and to stock policy minimizing critical/AOG requirements.
- Analyse and report on inventory trends/activities of all aircraft end use spares to identify non-moving/slow moving spares together with the Inventory Planning Manager to establish inventory values as active, inactive or obsolete inventory.
- Effectively manage float levels of the Rotables and Safety stock replenishment levels for expendables & consumables using agreed planning methods and policies with pool providers and vendors to maintain the optimum inventory.
- Evaluate maintenance schedules, Modification Programs including SBs/EOs and special projects. Execute/support material requirements forecast to plan and procure materials aiming on time availability to meet maintenance schedule achieving the service level.
- Conduct analysis to offer clarification for any queries raised by suppliers, stores (Stores Discrepancy report, SDR) and/or other Engineering Sections referring to various related documents such as Illustrated Parts Catalogues (IPC), Service Bulletins (SBs), Reliability reports, historical data, parts interchangeability and aircraft efficiency.
- Ensure a health and safety culture is embraced and practiced. Personal performance and training requirements are identified and requested to maximise performance in conjunction with the iAchieve programme.
- Sourcing of Components for AOG, potential AOG or critical situation regionally or globally with Pool Providers, OEMs, Operators and Third Parties. To avoid or minimise operational aircraft on ground delays due to damage or component failure.
- Responsible for the raising of AOG/Critical Loan orders, Purchase orders and Critical Pool Exchange Orders with OEMs, Third Parties, and Operators ensuring the sources are approved by EYEng QA and release certificates meet airworthiness, EYEng QA & Export control requirements
- Liaising with Suppliers & Freight Forwarders to ensure that the parts are delivered as quickly as possible to meet the operational requirements and minimise any disruption to the airline operation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Related Technical diploma or college degree or job specific experience in an airline or MRO
- Minimum of 5 years related industry experience in the field of Supply Chain in any aviation company.
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2013, it placed firm orders for 204 aircraft, which included 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: etihad.com