Eithad Airways Engineering Careers 2017
About Etihad Airways
Etihad Aviation Group (EAG) is a diversified global aviation and travel group comprising five business divisions – Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways Engineering, Etihad Airport Services, Hala Group and Airline Equity Partners. The group has minority investments in six airlines: airberlin, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Jet Airways and Virgin Australia.
From its Abu Dhabi base, Etihad Airways flies to, or has announced plans to serve, more than 110 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas. The airline has a fleet of over 120 Airbus and Boeing aircraft. In 2013, it placed firm orders for 204 aircraft, which included 71 Boeing 787s, 25 Boeing 777Xs, 62 Airbus A350s and 10 Airbus A380s. For more information, please visit: etihad.com
Etihad Airways Engineering are pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Supply Chain function at a Officer level within the Material Planning.
As Material Officer, you will add immediate value to the Supply Chain Organization by being responsible to demand material for aircraft maintenance inputs, preload verification, control of visit material, monitoring and return of unused or unserviceable aircraft material during the aircraft maintenance inputs.
This role will unlock opportunities for you, enabling you to further develop your expertise within a progressive culture where a huge emphasis is placed on investing in the best talent.
- Safety, Quality & Environment
Comply with all relevant safety, security, quality, health and environmental procedures to ensure a healthy and safe work environment.
- Policies and Procedures
Implement relevant policies, processes and procedures and monitor adherence so that work is carried out in a controlled manner
- Day-to-Day Operations
Manage the day-to-day operations by providing guidance, encouraging teamwork and facilitating related professional work processes in order to achieve high performance standards
- Perform Inventory of preload material and liaise with the Material Planner to resolve any shortages identified during the pre-load process. To ensure the Production workflow efficiency is maximized during the maintenance input.
- Responsible for the placing of demands and receipt of material from the stores issue counter or hangar pre-load stores. To minimise any impact due to material requirements or shortages.
- Responsible for updating the work pack on a regular basis with the material availability details as provided by the material planner assigned to the maintenance input.
- Maintain a shift handover log to include monitoring of critical spares as identified by the project manager. To ensure efficient communication across shifts and highlighting of potential critical material requirements.
- Close co-ordination with stores, receiving and issue counter for immediate processing of AOG parts. Following up will all parties to ensure that the parts are delivered promptly and avoiding delays.
- Responsible for the verification of the documentation, routing and collection of the ship- shop-ship items. To minimise any impact to the production planned workflow.
- Ensure the correct segregation of received material according to the allocated areas/zones and the U/S off coming materials. To prevent any possible contamination of U/S and serviceable parts.
- Ensure a health and safety culture is embraced and practiced. Personal performance and training requirements are identified and requested to maximise performance in conjunction with the iAchieve programme.
- Ensure all unused material is returned to store in a timely manner with the relevant system action completed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Technical diploma, college degree or equivalent work experience in aviation.
- Minimum of 3 years related industry experience in the field of aviation related to aircraft spares management in an airline or an aviation company with an International business exposure and experience.
873 total views, 6 views today