Qatar Airways Careers 2019
Qatar Airways Engineering Careers 2019
Production Oversight Supervisor – Level 1 | Savanna | USA
About the Job:
In this role as Production Oversight Supervisor Level 1 you will be responsible to liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in following the aircraft during build up or Maintenance and ensure the highest quality is maintained. You will prepare status report to maintain optimal product performance at maximum cost efficiency.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Perform general surveillance as appropriate to ensure adherence to approved engineering, design, specification and certification.
- Attend meeting requested by Original Equipment Manufacturer and report any production standard deviation to Production Oversight Manager for direction
- Participate in aircraft manufacturer’s customer presentations of cabin areas including a review to ensure that company quality standards and expectations are being maintained at all times. Ensure exceptional high quality standards are being maintained.
- Perform presentations of BFE items at receiving area ensuring all shipping damages are identified and addressed in timely manner
- Review and maintain a record of defects identified during presentations and track the daily work completion by the manufacturer and/or suppliers
- Maintain a record of aircraft documents and ensure electronic copy is sent to respective Qatar Airways stakeholders
- Ensure Original Equipment Manufacturer companies meet QTR requirements in reference to the company’s selected aircraft configuration and options.
- Liaise with Original Equipment Manufacturer to ensure embodiment of modification and production improvements to QTR are timely achieved.
- Escalate all unresolved deficiencies to Production Oversight Manager for advice or resolution
- Monitoring specific quality trends based on delivery findings and commitment letter items raised (maintain delivery findings and commitment item trend report.
Stakeholder Management – BFE and Cabin
- Interact/Liaise with BFE representatives to resolve delivery phase findings.
- Promoting a good work together relationship between the respective BFE suppliers with a common goal of continuous product improvement.
To be successful in this role, you must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Aeronautical or other Engineering disciplines. Candidates holding ICAO Type II/Part 66 Engineer aircraft licenses will have added advantage. You should have minimum 5 years of job-related and supervisory experience. Internal candidates should have completed minimum of 2 years in EN.00.
You must have sound knowledge of airline technical activity, manufactures and maintenance organisation. You should have management training and assigned role specific technical or regulatory training. You should be able to provide technical advice preferable with hands on experience. You should be able to communicate effectively and proficient in using MS Office tools.
LAST DATE 23.05.2019
This position is based in Savanna, USA and only candidates who are authorized to work in USA will be considered for the role.Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
3. Copy of Aircraft Maintenance License (all pages including the aircraft type endorsed and validity)
4. Copy of Training Certificates
5. Copy of Passport