Qatar Airways Jobs – Qatar Airways is hiring for Lead Technical Planning Officer . Stay Connected with AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone !
Qatar Airways Jobs 2019
Lead Technical Planning Officer
About Your Job:
As a lead Technical Planning Officer, you will ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company procedures, contribute to cost control by optimizing aircraft ground-time/manpower/material resources and control of available aircraft maintenance bays for Base Maintenance.
You will: –
- Develop monthly maintenance plan to optimize check yield while satisfying ground slot, capacity and facility constraints. Liaise with Schedules Planning on matters related to the monthly plan.
- Perform fleet tail assignment, keeping in view all maintenance constraints, once the monthly schedule has been released and coordinate with schedules planning to resolve unassigned flights.
- Review monthly flight schedule released by Schedules Planning to ensure required ground time availability for maintenance checks and operational flexibility.
- Liaise with Schedules Planning for necessary adjustments required to optimize the maintenance plan or to meet aircraft scheduled / unscheduled maintenance requirements.
- Ensure airworthiness of Qatar Airways fleet by ensuring all scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tasks are planned and controlled within the approved check limits.
- Ensure these controls are maintained during flight schedule changes. Keep in view the scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance requirements participate in preparing plans with Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) team to facilitate schedule recovery in case of disruptions, new aircraft delivery delays or to provide aircraft availability for charter flights and accordingly take decisions on adjustment of maintenance downtimes.
- Contribute to revenue generation potential by offering higher capacity through maintenance slot adjustments as requested by commercial and cargo department.
- Make necessary adjustments in the hangar inputs based on weekly inputs review meeting and ensure necessary actions related to aircraft scheduling arising out of this meeting.
- Prepare and present statistics of schedule changes requested to accommodate various schedule/unscheduled maintenance requirements.
Base Maintenance Control
- Prepares 1 – 3-month hangar aircraft bay allocations in coordination with Line, Light, Heavy maintenance sections and facility maintenance. Discuss with Aircraft Scheduling to resolve any foreseen issues.
- Coordinates maintenance Bay availability for routine facility maintenance work/tests such as panel maintenance, foam tests.
- Liaise with all stakeholders (facilities, IT, Maintenance) to prepare maintenance bays for anticipated projects e.g. cabin mods, connectivity.
- Review impact of daily changes to the hangar bay allocation and approve. Give priorities for common aircraft maintenance stands (Q20/21/40/41/Isolation Bay) to meet operational requirements
- Prepare and circulate Daily Base Maintenance status reports (for light/heavy). Ensure daily hangar bay allocation status is updated and circulated to all
- Collect and compile key Base Maintenance data for reporting.
- In charge of coordination for aircraft movement/towing within areas under Base Maintenance responsibility and coordination for positioning of key GSE equipment within Base Maintenance for aircraft related maintenance. Involved in resolving GSE related issues which may affect timely start/completion of aircraft maintenance work such as towing from Line, refueling/defueling for maintenance, removal of catering.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant College or University qualification to min Bachelor’s level with minimum 5 years relevant experience
- Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance with minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Job Specific Skills: Essential
- General knowledge of Aircraft Systems, Maintenance environment constraints.
- Knowledge of CAMO/Part 145 regulations and functions.
- Good command of English language (Read/Write).
- Proficient in Ms Excel/Word/project. Preferred
- Project Management and execution.
- Ability to communicate technical information to sections within Technical Department.
- Proficiency in TRAX (or any other Maintenance system being used by Qatar Airways).
- Good understanding of Airbus and Boeing maintenance documentation.
\Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Passport-size photograph
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate
4. Copy of Passport
Best Wishes from AeroCareers – Aviation is for Everyone !
Last Date 06.11.2019