Rolls-Royce is a world-leading provider of power systems and services, for use on land, at sea and in the air. They are proud to have a strong presence and an 80-year heritage in India, and are excited about our growing future in Bangalore. Through innovative solutions and diverse, globally renowned products, we’ve already changed the aerospace industry in India. Powering more than 50% of flights to and from India, we are poised to become an engineering hub in the region and committed to growing our footprint for high-end technology.
APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR FOLLOWING POSTS: AUG-SEP 2016
Reference number: JR6005917
As a Thermal and Fluids Engineer, you will play a key role in our Aerospace Division. Gas Turbine Thermal and Fluid Systems within Rolls-Royce Aerospace encompasses several technical areas, applied at the whole product level, that interface with external and internal customers. This is a chance for you to actively promote, encourage and support continuous improvement, in and outside your immediate sphere.
Thermal and Fluid Systems is concerned with heat management in the engine through prediction, assessment and design of the secondary air, oil, fuel and thermo-mechanical systems. The responsibility of the team includes leading the understanding, integration and management of these attributes, whilst providing predicted and analysed information to all areas of the business for the design and validation of engine sub-systems and components.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree or PhD in Mechanical or Aeronautical Engineering or relevant Science.
- Experience in design and verification of thermo-fluid systems or other whole engine systems in the gas turbine.
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking to a range of technical problems.
- Knowledge and experience of product integrity and liability, and certification frameworks would be an advantage.
- An understanding of the importance of quality in engineering and experience in applying quality procedures and processes.
- Ideally, experience in applying process improvement techniques and driving business enhancements.
2. Methods Development and Integration Engineer
Reference number: JR6007815
As a Software & Automation Engineer, you will play an integral role within the Software & Methods Development Team. You will have the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of tasks and work on global projects. Your contribution will be mainly in automation of engineering design tools and processes from preliminary to detailed design, generation and maintenance of engineering software for pre / post-processing, data transfer and simulation model generation, new capability development in various disciplines such as Finite Element Methods and Computation Fluid Dynamics, and the application of automated design systems to support engineering design tasks.
- A degree in an engineering, science, mathematics or software engineering.
- Significant experience of industrial software development or equivalent post-graduate experience.
- A proven track record of working on a wide range of engineering analysis codes.
- A proven track record of working on software automation.
- Experience in the field of engineering simulation software.
- Experience and knowledge of modern programming and scripting languages, particularly C++, C#, Python, Java.
- Experience and knowledge of modern software configuration management systems, particularly GiT, PTC Integrity, SVN.
- Experience of CAD, CAE and CAD-CAE integration, in particular automation of the CAD / CAE modelling and the use of integration frameworks.
- Experience in turbomachinery design and product optimization.
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following: design and development of engineering software; design of a turbomachinery component or integration and automation of engineering software design system.
- Broad experience of CAD and CAE products.
- Experience of providing user support on complex analysis systems.
- Experience of software architectural design.
- Experience of the software lifecycle including source control and testing frameworks.
- Experience and knowledge of computational geometry.
- Experience in numerical optimization and robust design techniques.
Reference number: JR6011219
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will play an integral role within our team in Bengaluru. You will use methods described in corporate process landscapes to programme manage, validate and execute tasks. This is a chance for you to work closely with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, in mechanical or a related discipline. Aerospace experience preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of Manufacturing Engineering Processes, FAIR, FPA, Change Control, PPAP & Management of Non-Conformance.
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems (CAD, CAM, CAPP, Manufacturing Execution System, PDM, SAP) relevant to the business.
- Hands on experience in PFMEAs, Gage R& R studies, MSAs, Special Processes and AS9102 awareness.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Processes, Change, Methods by commodity.
- Experience to ensure that the method of manufacture is validated to meet the design specification.
- Experience in planning the method of inspection (dimensional and attribute) to ensure design intent is met and maintained.
- Will be self-motivated, have the ability to manage complex projects with multiple cross-functional interfaces, have good written and oral communication skills, and be capable of working with the minimum of direction.
4. Manufacturing Engineer Purchase
Reference number: JR6006612
As a Manufacturing Engineer Purchase, you will play an integral role within team in Bengaluru. You will use methods described in corporate process landscapes to programme manage, validate and execute tasks. This is a chance for you to work closely with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required.
- Professionally Qualified Engineer (e.g. UK minimum HND/foundation degree or other national equivalent).
- Recognised national or international engineering accreditation (e.g. UK IEng or CEng) where available.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to their business.
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business.
- Understanding of Manufacturing Engineering processes relevant to their role.