Etihad Airways Careers 2019
Safety Investigator Airworthiness
As Safety Airworthiness Investigator you will focus on identifying hazards assessing risk and analyzing them to establish the root cause, contributing factors and the effectiveness of the barriers for every case, you will also produce comprehensive reports when required and ensure that the data incorporated into the database is accurate and factual. When required you will be suggesting safety actions or recommendation to be taken when the risk assessment requires.
- Lead the investigation go-team and represent the company in regard to any major accident or disaster that occurs in the air or on the ground in compliance with the GCAA CAR Part VI.
- Perform internal safety investigations of non-routine occurrences and incidents related to the airworthiness of the aircraft under CAR Part X, CAR Part M and CAR Part 145, which include the development and verification of accident causal analysis
- Analyse and interpret factual information gathered from investigations to be able to deduce the root causes and contributing factors of safety incidents and accidents.
- Identify safety recommendations or mitigation actions to the organisation in order to avoid repeated safety incidents.
- Assess the severity of safety incidents to determine the extent of the company’s response to an incident.
- Compose and review safety investigation reports that will be published to the associated stakeholders within the company. These reports maybe distributed to governmental authorities and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain the safety management system database to ensure the integrity and accuracy of data entered into the database for future statistical use.
- Research the latest technologies in investigation and human factors to ensure that the investigations are carried out in accordance with best industry practices.
- Additional duties and responsibilities, as reasonably expected, may be assigned as required.
QUALIFICATION & EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & KNOWLEDGE
Qualification & Experience:
- Successful completion of an aircraft accident/incident investigation course.
- Successful completion of an aviation Safety Management System (SMS) training course.
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to engineering, safety or aviation is recommended.
- At least 8 years of aviation working experience
- At least 3 years working experience in a flight safety function.
Training & Knowledge:
- Advanced computer literacy in office productivity applications.
- Experience with safety databases management.