Qatar Airways Careers 2019
Qatar Airways Engineering Careers 2019
Senior Technical Contracts Officer
About Your Job:
You will plan, organize, and accomplish contracting functions ensuring all contracts related requirements are fulfilled and in line with Qatar Airways contracts policies and to act as a central hub for all technical contracts. You responsibilities will include drafting, reviewing, analysing and facilitating contract preparation, negotiations and implementation while ensuring maximum benefit to Technical Division. You will manage the coordination and consolidation of comments from all stakeholders and will facilitate the signature processes.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Negotiating, drafting and recommending agreements with external customers through balancing commercial and Technical information in order to be aligned with company’s objectives.
- Analysing and interpreting complex Technical contract terms and conditions in order to advise on their impact and associated risk on the business. Analysing the agreed and negotiated terms with vendors in order to align Technical Department with company’s objectives.
- Review and recommend revisions to QR standard contracts to align to the latest industry standards.
- Supervise the Tendering process within Technical Department, through assisting in Technical Evaluation, perform costing analysis if necessary and ensuring that the terms in the RFT is acceptable to Technical before the tender is issued.
- Monitor expiration of Technical contracts and advise the end-user six months in advance on the necessary action to avoid extra charges – challenge the user department for better solutions to the business and advising whether it is beneficial to extend or it is more beneficial to take another decision such as Tendering for a better deal.
- Review Interface Manual in relation to the execution of a long-term or a complex agreement that requires a joint process with the supplier. In order to ensure that procedures are in place to cover various scenarios in implementing the contract and to assist both Party to meet the commitments agreed in the agreement.
- Evaluating and submitting liquidated damages claims by reviewing the agreed terms in order to compensate QR from delays by vendors.
- Identify and mitigate areas of concern affecting the contracts. Identify service breaches/gaps and take suitable action in order to resolve such issues.
- Manage contract database, tracking and analysing all contracts.
Qatar Airways are looking for a bachelor degree graduate or equivalent, who has a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience. You should have contract management experience with a combination of Supply Chain and legal background. Qatar Airways prefer candidates having previous experience in aircraft manufacturers, airlines or MRO.
You should have very good command of English language with High level of understanding of Technical concepts in operations in an airline or MRO environment. You should have good knowledge in contract and commercial negotiation relating to service and products agreements. You should have ability to understand complex vendor contracts and develop own specifications to meet operational and financial requirements. You should have high proficiency in computer software for reporting and matrix development.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
2. Copy of Passport
3. Copy of Highest Educational Certificate