Etihad Airways Careers 2019
Etihad Careers 2019
Jobs in Abu Dhabi
Technical Flight Dispatcher
As the TECHNICAL FLIGHT DISPATCHER you will be responsible forupdating and maintaining EY’s flight planning system from a data perspective through liaison with the flight planning system provider, data providers and flight operations in order to ensure that EY’s flight planning is fully optimised and integrated
- Update and maintain flight plan system data ensuring current and accurate information is available in order to support safe and efficient route selection for EY operation. Ensure state published aeronautical information & aircraft performance data accurately reflects in flight planning database & company documentation.
- Manage and maintain NOTAMS and ensure all information is correctly disseminated to flight dispatchers and flight crew.
- Maintain detailed air traffic flow management/restriction data and ensure that the database reflects all route information manual information if applicable.
- Create awareness and provide guidance to staff with respect to the optimization of our route planning strategies, both for enroute and terminal arrival & departure tracks.
- Lead and direct the development, testing and implementation of flight dispatch support systems in close liaison with IT, flight operations, and Lufthansa systems [flight planning service provider] data maintenance department to ensure a quality product for flight dispatch and flight crew.
- Provide guidance and communication to the flight dispatch, flight operations management and technical pilots on all changes in present and future air navigation information changes & technical system changes.
- Communicate to other EY departments as required all information relative to present and future flight dispatch support technology.
- Liaise with multiple different air traffic control units and states NOTAM office providers and aircraft suppliers to ensure that our technically advanced fleet has the opportunity to be as efficient as possible.
- Manage short term systems support problems affecting the performance of EY flight dispatch pre-departure planning and flight watch activities. Maintain ongoing integrity and operational efficiency of all EY flight dispatch technical support systems worldwide.
- Support research, development and implementation of technical support systems and assist in forecasting future technology directions to ensure that EY flight planning system develops in line with future air navigation requirements that will
- Allow EY to operate to a required navigation performance while ensuring safety and fuel optimization.
- Ascertain necessary technical information in consideration of route optimization for all EY flights based on different weather prognosis (seasonal) in the network and provide this information to relevant departments in order to obtain over flight permissions
- Safety Management System: He/she will be responsible and accountable for identifying safety risks in accordance with risk assessment process and ensures that adequate risk mitigation steps are appropriately implemented in order to ascertain safety within the workplace in accordance with risk assessment process
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum education to degree level with a valid flight dispatch license or aeronautical qualification.
- Minimum 5 years of Flight dispatch experience
- Minimum 3 years of back office data maintenance environment (LIDO preferred)