GAL Careers 2019
Global Aerospace Logistics Careers 2019
Technician – Logistics
Job Code: REF/HRS/SRF/19-0142
Expiry Date: 06/05/2019
Location: Abu Dhabi Compile records of amount, define kind and value of merchandise, material or stock on hand. Counts stock, material or merchandise on hand and posts totals to inventory records. Compares inventories taken with office records or computes figures from office sales, equipment, shipping, production, purchase or stock records to obtain current inventory. Maintain hardware and consumables necessary to support Logistics operations. Compiles information on receipt or disbursement of goods and computes inventory balance, price and costs. Prepare reports of inventory balances, prices and shortages.
Manages appropriate levels of supply; manages and directs receipt, storage, and issue of Item classes plus non-standard procurement items. The Logistic Technician is responsible to manage and control all items issued from warehouse / store to users per their requests. Maintain consumables necessary to support aviation operations. Prepare reports of inventory balances, prices and shortages. Uses computers to manage appropriate levels of supply; manages and directs receipt, storage, and issue of HAZMAT POL. Respond to releases or potential releases for stopping the release.
Will also be responsible to:
1. Ensure incoming products are traceable, stocked appropriately, preserved according to quality standards, all in accordance with companies standard operating procedures.
2. Monitor all shelf life items, upcoming inspections, expiry dates, preservation requirements, and calibration due dates.
3. Transfer items to sub store and other stores as and when required.
4. Receive requisitions from users and prepare delivery accordingly. Initiate, prepare, edit, and process requisitions to stock. Identify open requirements/requisitions and issue accordingly.
5. Contact customers, supply organizations, transportation units, and others to obtain material status information, follow up on urgently required items, and/or expedite delivery of material to work sites.
6. Employ software for requisitions processing, warehouse management, shipping/transportation preparation and to perform records search, data input, and data corrections.
7. Search catalogs, records, or other data sources to obtain or correct stock numbers or part numbers or to find authorized substitutes for stock items.
8. Understand hazard and risk assessment techniques in accordance with SDS. Resolves the issues related to storage, safety, and HAZMAT Storage in accordance with SDS. Disposes of hazardous materials in accordance with applicable regulations and policies in accordance with SDS.
9. Be able to perform containment and or confinement operations within in the capabilities of the resources and personal protective equipment available with the company in accordance with SDS.
10. Manages storage space utilization and develop locations system and care of supply in storage. Maintains the storage facilities and material handling equipment. Assist in the inventory management of retail and wholesale supply activity.
11. Maintain and monitor the Key Control Program.
12. Ensure Import & Export of ITAR Items for shipping, receiving, storing, and issuing are in compliance with ITAR Regulations.
13. Accountable of property accountability and asset visibility. Ensures that 100% property accountability is maintained.
14. Ensures all aspects of an efficient property book Continually monitors and reports issues with sensitive and high value equipment are maintained in support of the command supply discipline program (CSDP).
15. Conduct physical inventories and adjust and /or maintain inventory, stock or property account records.
16. Perform cyclic inventory every month to ensure inventory accuracy.
17. Track & manage shelf life items and TBO in stock.
18. Ensure conducting Monthly 10% Inventory and random check.
19. Maintains accountability for all property assigned to the Group.
20. Conducts periodic checks on inventories of storage supply items, initiate action for disposition of excesses, and make recommendations for changes to stock levels.
21. Receive and process unserviceable parts for repair thru approved repair stations.
22. Request and evaluate repair quotations and prepare bid analysis for final approval.
23. Maintain repair tracking file by keeping record up to date.
24. Process, prepare and pack unserviceable parts for shipping.
25. Follow up with repair stations to provide status of spare parts under repair and expedited delivery based on priorities.
26. Monitor vendor performance and report to the management for review.
27. Monitor the trend of defects and ensure high rate of defects raise to management.
28. Manage warranty claims for parts under warranty and negotiate warranty rejection by the vendors and evaluate technical rejection.
29. Perform physical inspection prior to part receive after repair to ensure no visual damage.
Nationality No Restriction Qualification – High School Diploma
– Certified logistics course of instruction from civilian or military agency.
– Formal training in HAZMAT operations preferred.
– Knowledge of computers and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access is a plus.
– Must have had hands on training of a civilian or military automated supply system. Experience – Minimum of 5 years experience in Logistics / aircraft supply operations.
– Must have hands on experience working in spare parts warehouse.
– Operated a forklift within a warehouse environment.
– Hands on experience as a HAZMAT Technician or Warehousing and supply operation is a plus.
– Experience in reading, comprehending, and interpreting technical documents, including manuals and technical data.